Synology FlashStation FS6400 is a 2U rackmount server designed for I/O-intensive and latency-sensitive tasks, ideal for multimedia post-production, virtual machines, online transaction processing, or database applications.
- Hardware Specs
- Software Specs
CPU Model Intel Xeon Silver 4110 x 2 CPU Architecture 64-bit CPU Frequency 8-core 2.1 (base) / 3.0 (turbo) GHz Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)
System Memory 32 GB DDR4 ECC RDIMM Memory Module Pre-installed 32 GB (16 GB x 2) Total Memory Slots 16 Maximum Memory Capacity 512 GB (32 GB x 16) Notes
- Please select Synology memory modules for optimum compatibility and reliability. Synology will not provide complete product warranty or technical support if non-Synology memory modules are used for memory expansion.
- For more information on the recommended memory configurations, visit here.
- Synology reserves the right to replace memory modules with the same or higher frequency based on supplier's product life cycle status. Rest assured that the compatibility and stability have been strictly verified with the same benchmark to ensure identical performance.
Drive Bays 24 Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit 48 (RX1217sas x 2) / 72 (FX2421* x 2) Compatible Drive Type* (See all supported drives)
- 2.5" SAS HDD
- 2.5" SAS SSD
- 2.5" SATA SSD
Maximum Single Volume Size*
- 200 TB (for RAID 5 or RAID 6 groups only)
- 108 TB
Hot Swappable Drive Notes
- Storage Pool and volume creation require all drives to be listed as compatible on the device model's compatibility list.
- "Compatible drive type" indicates drives that have been tested to be compatible with Synology products. This term does not indicate the maximum connection speed of each drive bay.
- Each internal volume (may consist of multiple drives) is expandable up to 200TB.
RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port 2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support) RJ-45 10GbE LAN Port 2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support) USB 3.0 Port 2 Expansion Port 1
PCIe Expansion 2 x Gen3 x8 slots (x8 link)
Notes exFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center.
Form Factor (RU) 2U Size (Height x Width x Depth) 88 mm x 482 mm x 724 mm Weight 17.26 kg Rack Installation Support* 4-post 19" rack (Synology Rail Kit - RKS1317) Notes The rail kit is sold separately
System Fan 80 mm x 80 mm x 4 pcs Fan Speed Mode
- Full-Speed Mode
- Cool Mode
- Quiet Mode
Easy Replacement System Fan Power Recovery Noise Level* 53.7 dB(A) Scheduled Power On / Off Wake on LAN / WAN Power Supply Unit / Adapter 800 W Redundant Power Supply AC Input Power Voltage 100 V to 240 V AC Power Frequency 50/60 Hz, Single Phase Power Consumption* 288.49 W (Access)
145.8 W (HDD Hibernation)
British Thermal Unit 984.37 BTU/hr (Access)
497.49 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation)
- Power consumption is measured when it is fully loaded with HGST 1.8TB HUC101818CS4204 hard drive(s).
- Noise Level Testing Environment: Fully loaded with Toshiba 600GB AL14SEB060N hard drive(s) in the idle state. Two G.R.A.S. Type 40AE microphones, each set up 1 meter away from the Synology NAS at the front and rear. Background noise: 16.49-17.51 dB(A); Temperature: 24.25-25.75˚C; Humidity: 58.2-61.8%
Operating Temperature 0°C to 35°C (32°F to 95°F) Storage Temperature -20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F) Relative Humidity 5% to 95% RH
5 Years Notes The warranty period starts from the purchase date as stated on your purchase receipt. (Learn more)
- Main Unit X 1
- Accessory Pack X 1
- AC Power Cord X 2
- Quick Installation Guide X 1
- DDR4 ECC RDIMM: D4RD-2666-16G*/D4RD-2666-32G
- Expansion Units: FX2421*/RX1217sas
- 2.5" SATA SSD: SAT5200
- 10GbE Network Interface Card: E10G18-T2/E10G18-T1/E10G17-F2
- Rail Kit Sliding: RKS1317
- VisualStation: VS960HD/VS360HD
- Surveillance Device License Pack
- It is required to use D4RD-2666-16G with identical memory modules of the same capacity and frequency. For more information, visit here.
- Expansion Unit FX2421 can only be used with identical expansion units.